Of course, Razzoo’s Cajun Café is known for its delicious fried seafood – smothered in gravy or sauce – but we do have a few lighter things on the menu too! We recently revamped our menu and added a few new items, including the Shrimp Salad Lettuce Wraps that are getting rave reviews! They are pretty perfect as an appetizer or even as a light lunch or dinner.
Our very own Andrew Tyler recently spoke with WBTV Charlotte to share a few secrets about our Shrimp Salad Lettuce Wraps and to teach viewers how to make this delicious dish at home. In case you missed it, here’s the recipe:
Copycat Razzoo’s Shrimp Salad Lettuce Wraps
· Popcorn Shrimp (about a cup)
· 1 cup of mayonnaise
· 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
· 2 T. lemon juice
· 1 T. roasted jalapenos
· 2 T. finely chopped celery
· 1 T. finely chopped red onion
· 1 T. finely chopped red bell peppers
· 6 pieces of bib lettuce
· Cajun seasoning, lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, salt, and pepper to taste
1. Boil your popcorn shrimp in water with your choice of spices for 2-3 minutes. Do not over boil! We use our own proprietary Swampwater Boil, but flavoring your water with Cajun seasonings, lemon juice, salt, and pepper would be a delicious start!
2. While the shrimp is boiling, prepare your dressing by combining mayo, Old Bay seasoning, 2 T. lemon juice, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a dash of Tabasco sauce in a large bowl.
3. When shrimp is done cooking, remove it from heat and run it under cold water to prevent it from overcooking.
4. Place shrimp in a separate bowl from the dressing and add roasted jalapenos, celery, red onion, and red bell peppers.
5. Add approx. 1 oz. (or one full ice cream scoop equivalent) of the dressing to your shrimp mixture and stir to combine.
6. Lastly, spoon as much – or as little! – of the shrimp mixture as you want into a piece of lettuce, wrap it up, and go to town! Good eatin’!
We love these lettuce wraps because they are light and easy to eat, yet they still pack that Razzoo’s punch you’ve come to love from our down home, Southern cookin’. Visit a Razzoo’s Cajun restaurant near you or try them at home – either way – we know you’ll love them!