So many great cocktails have come out of New Orleans, and the Sazerac is no exception. Some say it’s the oldest cocktail in America! As legend has it, it was first concocted by a pharmacist named Antoine Amédée Peychaud in his pharmacy on Royal Street using brand, bitters, sugar, and absinthe. Tastes and times have changed, and so has the Sazerac, but it still remains incredibly popular.
Try the Grilled Lemon & Cherry Sazerac at Razzoo’s Cajun Cafe!
As your favorite Cajun food restaurant, we’d be remiss if we didn’t offer our own specialty twist on this pre-Civil War, New Orleans classic! Delicious Jack Daniels is the star of the show in our Sazerac, along with filthy Italian cherries and grilled lemons. So good. And pairs great with a bacon wrapped Shrimp en Brochette and dirty rice…just sayin’.
Make the Sazerac at Home!
No time to visit us at Razzoo’s this week? Impress your friends with this tasty Sazerac – at home! Here’s our recipe (your welcome):
1. Start by pouring a few dashes of cherry and lemon bitters in a cocktail shaker.
2. Next pour in about a tablespoon of cherry juice, a teaspoon of simple syrup, and 4-5 filthy Italian cherries.
3. Muddle all ingredients in the glass to combine flavors.
4. Grab your serving glass and just coat the glass in absinthe; pour the rest out. (You just want to add a little flavor here!)
5. Return to your muddled mixture and add a little ice, 2 oz. of Jack Daniels, and shake!
6. Strain and pour in your glass to serve. Garnish with lemon slices and cherries. Enjoy!
See our full segment on WBTV here.
Join us at Razzoo’s this week for the Sazerac, other delicious drink specials, craft beer, and of course, the best Cajun food in Texas!
*Menu and specials subject to change without notice. Ask your server for details on current specials and menu items.